Available Volunteer Shifts:
Tuesdays: 9am-11am (food prep: washing/chopping produce for the week)
Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, & Saturdays: 8:30-11:30am (food prep for the day)
11:30am-1:30pm (food service: waiting on dine-in customers, bringing food to curbside carryout customers)
1:30-3:30pm (shutting down the cafe for the day: bussing tables, sanitizing tables, putting up chairs, putting away food in the kitchen, sanitizing the kitchen counters and appliances, refilling spice jars)
[Shifts may be flexible according to your schedule.]
Other Volunteer Tasks May Include:
- Filling/ironing tea bags
- Packing youth snack bags
- Stamping to-go bags with the cafe logo
- Picking up litter around the perimeter of the building when the weather is nice
- Stocking shelves with new food order items from the delivery truck
- Sorting/hanging clothing donations on our free clothing rack
Why volunteer at Tricklebee?
- Gain food service/hospitality experience.
- Receive a meal for volunteering a shift.
- Help us keep food out of the waste stream (a lot of our produce is rescued!).
- Keep Tricklebee Café open! (We do what we do in large part thanks to our volunteers.)
HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
Schedule a shift, one-time or recurring, by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line “Volunteer”).
NOTE: All volunteers must participate in a brief volunteer orientation at the beginning of their first shift.
[To work in the kitchen, closed-toe shoes are a must. Also, please have a means to keep your hair contained. Youth between 12-14 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Youth 11 and under are not permitted in the kitchen, but are welcome to help with non-kitchen tasks.]